• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need help replacing a hard drive, will this work?

Xenofei

n00b
Joined
Jan 18, 2007
Messages
2
Hey guys, I'm kinda of noobish when it comes to laptop parts. I have an IBM Thinkpad T30 and the hard-drive is shot, this is all the information I have on the drive.

The drive: IBM 40GB HDD Travelstar Model: IC25N040ATCS04-0 P/N: 07N8364
And my system has the touchpad.

<---begin info--->
# Supported HDD thickness:

* 12.5 mm for systems without the touch pad
* 9.5mm for systems with the touch pad

# Standard 20GB, 40GB, 60GB HDD sizes.
Note:

* The 60GB HDD orderable as marketing option part number 08K9688 has a height of 12.5mm and will not fit in the HDD slot of the systems with the touch pad installed. For these systems, it is only supported via the ThinkPad 2nd HDD Adapter for the Ultrabay 2000.
* The 60GB HDD orderable as replacement service part number 08K9833 is 9.5mm.

# Supports one additional HDD which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage utilizing the Ultrabay 2000
# S.M.A.R.T technology to issue an alert if a hardware failure is pending
# ATA Bus Interface
# 4200 or 5400 rpm
# Although you can upgrade the HDD, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay 2000 HDD adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second HDD in the Ultrabay 2000
<--end info-->

I found this hard-drive as a replacement, will it work? I'm not sure how to tell if its the correct drive or not. Thanks for the help!!!
 
Back
Top