Need help please!! having problems with SATA HDD on WIN XP Install

xnoto

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
108
Hello all, I just built a new computer with a barton 2500+ and epox 8rda3+ combo with a Maxtor 80gig SATA hdd. Upon installing Windows XP Pro, I hit f6 to install a 3rd party SCSI device and put in the floppy disk that came with the MB that has the SATA drivers on them.

When it asks if I want to install any other SCSI or SATA devices, I hit S, and it asks me to put in the manufacturers disk into the A:\. It's already in there! I don't know what else to do, I cant find any other updated epox 8rda3+ SATA drivers and I can't even install windows! It just keeps asking for the same "manufacturers disk" Please help! Thanks.
 
try flipping the floppy cable over. It's very easy to put it in upside down.

just ignore that step and let winxp install the drivers. chances are you dont have to. you can always update the drivers later.
 
I'll check on the floppy cable after I get out of work. Negative on the win xp installing the drivers, it will say "hard disk drive not detected"
 
not much else you can do but check the floppy cable, i guess...or call either your Motherboard or your HDD's manufactureres 1-800 line for tech support
(or google to see if there are any known issues between your BIOS version and the HDD you're trying to install...)
 
If I am reading your post correctly, your floppy drive is working correctly. When it reads the floppy the little light comes on and such? Did it allow you to select the driver you need? If not, your floppy or drive may be defective.
 
Are you really sure you NEED those drivers there? because my 160 gig SATA drive with my p4p800 didn't need them when installing windows
 
this happened to me when building mine, but I put the mobo driver CD in another computer and copied over the SATA drivers to a floppy and used that and it worked fine..
 
Back
Top