Need Help Picking Out a Kit??

Vengeance

Weaksauce
I've decided after making a bad choice to buy the Kingwin AWC-1 water cooling kit, I won't make the same mistake twice. Not that it's a bad kit, it does its job, and keeps the CPU, and GPU within good temps, but I want to eventually over clock.

So, I've done some looking around and I really need a good opinion on the setup I'm thinking of buying. I really want to get great temps with the setup I have now, so I know when I switch to a MSI K8N NEO Platinum I can OC my A64 3000+ like crazy...

My ambient temp is roughly around 30C-35C, and I'm really looking to run my CPU Temp AT THE HIGHEST 35C at idle, the lower the better. Please look at what I've picked out and let me know if it is at all possible for me to hit those temps...

I've been looking at swiftteck a lot do to the fact they have better prices, but I'm not sure how much better there water blocks, if any, are compared to say DangerDen?? I also choose to run 2 radiators in parallel, (Out from pump ---> split ---> ins on radiators ---> joined to GPU, ---> Chipset, ---> CPU ----> Fill Bleed Assembly (Res)---> Pump).

I have roughly $400.00 to spend, give or take 20 bucks...

CPU Water Block:
MCW6002-64 $45.00

GPU Water Block:
MCW50 $38.95

Chipset Water Block:
MCW20-R $37.95

Pump, Radiator, Reservoir
H20-8600-B Bare Cooling Kit $175.00

2nd Radiator
MCR80-F2 $59.95

Tubing
10’, ½” OD Vinyl Tubing $2.00
Cool Sleeves 625 Blue $4.75

Totaling: $366.20

As always your help is much appreciated.

-V

I would advise against both of your radiator choices, due to a bad price/performance ratio and against the fill & bleed assembly cause I hear it's a pain.

Could you please explaine, or point me to the site that shows the weaker points of the radiator, and the fill / bleed assembly, it would be most helpful??

Could you recommend a better setup?

-V

I have no first hand experience with the fill and bleed, other than hearing time and time again that its extremely difficult to bleed. I would suggest getting ethier reservoir or a T-Line.

As for the radiator there are quite a few better alternatives. But that all depends what you looking for, personally I would go with a dual 120mm fan heatercore. 2fresh sells some premodded in the for sell/trade forum that look clean, if your not interested in modding one yourself.

(If you want to mod one, a nice heatercore from a 77' bonneville w/ac can be had at a local autozone for $17.99, be sure to get the copper one. Im not going to say its the same as what 2fresh is selling, but I couldnt tell them apart.)

Another dual heatercore can be found at dangerden.com if you want to purchase from a store.

If you insist on running two radiators, dangerden.com and dtekcustoms.com have some smaller heatercores you may want to check out.

As for the radiators you've chosen there's nothing wrong with them other than the price.

Sorry for the unorganized post =)

Thanks a lot! I'll be sure to check out the options you've listed, I'm really just looking for the best cooling, with little sound, at a good price...

Thanks again!

-V

I prefer to make the kit yourself.

Do it yourself radiator

Do it yourself waterblocks

I built my whole loop for $130. And i would put it up against just about any pre made system out there. If you have the time, patience and resources its a fun experience. I feel like anyone could AT LEAST make the radiator, that could save you at least $60 right there for the amount of blocks you want to run.

My $0.02, but if you got the cash to burn, go for it.

Back