Need help picking card under $100

to be very honest with you, both cards suck. For 20 bux more, get a 6600GT.

For 6600GT, makes much more sense to hit eBay up, or the "For Sale/Trade" section of HardOCP. They were 'The Card To Have' for a while there, and there are *buckets* of used ones for very reasonable prices (not hard to find one under $100 used).

This place. It's ridiculous. Practically 100% of topics where the original poster posted a budget the whole lot of you seem to just say ''just pay a little extra and get this [insert other card here] card''

If you can't think of something to say in terms of what the poster wants there's no real point in posting. Ever thought that people are already stretching it by going to said budget they give? No. A lot of you never think that..

I would say go for the 6600. The X1300 isn't as good from what i've heard. But maybe that's becuase there aren't any real good drivers to fully utilise it. I doubt it though might be a risk thinking drivers will save the X1300 becuase if it doesn't then your stuck, so i'm saying go for a 6600.

nwo if the budget CAN stretch of course, 6600gt kinda a no brainer

if not, then either look for one used, otherwise the normal 6600 is the way to go, try to get one of the DDR2 ones as theyll hit 6600GT speeds i THINK if you overclock em but im assuming thats a moot point as your on a budget so it could do more hurt than help... meh

Stizzle said:
If you can't think of something to say in terms of what the poster wants there's no real point in posting. Ever thought that people are already stretching it by going to said budget they give? No. A lot of you never think that..
lol..... *sniff*

Stizzle said:
This place. It's ridiculous. Practically 100% of topics where the original poster posted a budget the whole lot of you seem to just say ''just pay a little extra and get this [insert other card here] card''

I would say go for the 6600. The X1300 isn't as good from what i've heard. But maybe that's becuase there aren't any real good drivers to fully utilise it. I doubt it though might be a risk thinking drivers will save the X1300 becuase if it doesn't then your stuck, so i'm saying go for a 6600.
I think the advice of spending a bit more is quite valid. Maybe he can wait till next paycheck and skim an additinal 30 bucks off it for the better card. I was looking at budget cards too (not quite as tight a budget) and some one recomended to me that I spend 50 bucks more and get a 6800gs, I did just recently and could not be happier.

Back