• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need help picking between these 3 20"ws LCDs

osirus35

Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
871
I am going to order an LCD for the first time and I have narrowed my search down to these 3 choices based on specs and the amount of money I am willing to drop down.

- Gateway FPD2185W
- SCEPTRE X20G-Naga III
- Acer AL2032WA

I am primarily a gamer and i do play a lot of fps games. (cod 2 and bf2 mostly...oh and and WoWcrack) but i also do website design and other photoshop work. Out of these three which one do you guys or gals suggest?
 
I'd strongly recommend the Gateway FPD2185W.

I recently purchased this model, and I posted a review in the long thread.

Like most widescreen LCD 20-21 inch displays, the FPD2185W has a native resolution of 1680 x 1050. But only the FPD2185W has a DVI input which supports HDCP copy protection - which is very important, assuming you plan on migrating to an OS which supports next-gen HD-DVD/Blu-Ray playback. Search the web for Vista + HDCP to find articles detailing how anyone using a non-HDCP compliant display will be unable to view any high def optical media in 720p/1080i - basically, analog users will be capped at 480p.

In terms of response time, for gaming, all 3 displays you are considering should be well-suited for gaming. The FPD2185W can be purchased for $480-$540, depending on the discounts offered by major retailers such as Circuit City and Office Depot.
 
Back
Top