• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help picking a lcd widescreen!

TheDuster

n00b
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
6
Im going to be get a new x1900 AIW card and wanted a new monitor to go with it. I was thinking about a 20"+ widescreen lcd. I was hopeing to get one with 1080p HD also, but it doesnt seem any are even near my price range. Im only trying to spend around $300. I can spend more if it would be realy worth it. Any help?
 
I got a samsung 225bw at a real good price. for 22inches, it's hard to beat it unless you go a used route. Dell of course has nice monitors except you can't play with them before you buy. Go to BB and play!
 
Your best bet is the Samsung 205bw, heard nothing but good things about it, and newegg has it for 290 shipped. Looks very sturdy too unlike most LCD's.
 
I recommend the samsung 225BW.. it is a 22" widescreen LCD.. and as far as 1080p goes.. 1080p menas 1080 lines of verticle resolution.. this monitor comes pretty darn close at 1680x1050 lines of resolution... I am sure you could use this monitor as well as anything else... 1080p is not even used yet buy any movies or games that I can think of..
here's a link for the samsung 225BW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001083
 
My question is this, is 1080p something to be concerned about right now? I'm in a very similar situation as the poster.
 
Finsta said:
My question is this, is 1080p something to be concerned about right now? I'm in a very similar situation as the poster.
I would say no...the regular 1080i content seems to be lacking as it is and then think about an even smaller (or non-existent) supply of 1080p. As the poster above said there is currently no broadcast using 1080p and I don't see this changing much in the near future....some areas of the country have no HD whatsoever yet.
 
Back
Top