civictyper16
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2006
- Messages
- 189
Hey guys I'm gonna start to paint my computer case before i do i just wanna make sure i am doing the steps correctly.I never painted before so i wanna make sure i get the steps down right i de-riveted the entire case.
Dry time 2 days with each coat.
-Sand case 220 & 320 grit.
-Prime case then wet-sand 400 grit. Prime again wet-sand with 400 grit.
-Add color coat wet-sand with 600 grit. Add color coat again wet-sand with 600 grit.
-Add clear coat wet-sand 600.Clear coat again wet-sand 600/1000/1500/2000.
-Apply rubbing compound.
-Apply hand glaze.
I have some 800 grit that i also want to use should i substitute 800 grit instead of using 600 for the clear coat?
Dry time 2 days with each coat.
-Sand case 220 & 320 grit.
-Prime case then wet-sand 400 grit. Prime again wet-sand with 400 grit.
-Add color coat wet-sand with 600 grit. Add color coat again wet-sand with 600 grit.
-Add clear coat wet-sand 600.Clear coat again wet-sand 600/1000/1500/2000.
-Apply rubbing compound.
-Apply hand glaze.
I have some 800 grit that i also want to use should i substitute 800 grit instead of using 600 for the clear coat?
