• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need help overclocking

nicKo19

n00b
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
5
I have been attempting to bring my CPU up to 5 ghz, but I toned down to 4.8, which is still not doing prime blend 12 hour, no bsods at 4.8, but rather illegal sumouts and rounding errors at 1600 9-10-9-27 (i loosened timings to accomodate the CPU OC). I'm running blend at stock EVERYTHING, if that can't pass 12 hours, I'm getting rid of them (read: replaced). If my 2500K can't hit at the VERY LEAST 4.7ghz, I'll get them replaced citing "does not deserve the 'K'" Side note: BIOS Print on my Gene-Z doesn't seem to work...drive is not listed, even though it is detected.:mad::mad::mad:
 
Is there a question in there or was that just a statement I didn't understand? And this looks awfully like a recent poster here that was a pretty new member as well... are you possibly related?
 
The question is what am I doing wrong and why isn't BIOS Print working? No, I am not related to anyone on the forum
 
First, let me say that not all CPU's are going to hit 5 GHz, its just a luck issue, and I think only like 5% of the i5 CPU's hit that mark. The difference running 4.5 cool and lower volts versus pushing the extreme to 4.7+ and running hot is a question you will have to answer. If you absolutely have to have 5 GHz, you will need to post more information about your system, like for starters, your system specifications in detail. Coming in here saying you can't get your CPU to 5 GHz and wanting to know why doesn't give the people any information at all to help you out. My advice is to clock it to a nice stable 4.5 GHz and be happy about the 1 GHz O/C and be happy.
 
Okay (takes deep breath). Mobo is a maximus IV gene z. I'm getting my gtx 570 rmad. H100 CPU cooler. Tx750v2 psu. 120gb force gt ssd. Standard DVD burner. 8gb vengeance 1600c9 ram (9-9-9-24-2t) 1.5v. Carbide 400r case. 2500k CPU. Those are main specs.
I would share my bios settings if only bios print would work :(.
 
just a note, quit using prime95, use intelburn test instead. prime95 is known to give false positives with sandy bridge processors.
 
Back
Top