Need Help overclocking core 2 duo e6400

Bigjoehero

n00b
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
4
I need help with overclocking my core2 duo E6400. I get 2560 with AI-nos. I cant get anything when I go into bios either lock ups resulting in fashing bios or I get 1600MHz. I am aparently lost so any help would be great. Here are my system specs.

MB ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP P965 775
PSU COOLMAX|CW-650T 650W RT
MEM 1Gx2|OCZ DII800 OCZ2A8002GK
CPU INTEL|C2D E6400 2.13G 775 2M
MS WIN VISTA HOME PREM
I would to get around 3 to 3.2 GHz with air cooling
 
You don't need to reflash bios if you can't get back into it. Just use the cmos jumper to clear it or pull the cmos battery out a minute or 2. We need alot more info to help you. What voltages are you running on the CPU/NB/Memory? What cooling are you using, brand and make.

I am guessing the memory is clocked @ 800 Mhz at stock settings @ stock voltage and timings. When you raise the FSB you are raising the memory too unless you lock it. Can you verify you memory speed using cpu-z when its at 2560 Mhz?

I am not familiar with the P5B so I can't help you ther but lock ups sound like a memory problem to me.
 
Hey thanks guys I got it 3.3GHz but was running hot. I reduced it 2.8GHz still would heat up when running a load test. I will need to buy a different cpu fan and heat sink. Do you guys have any suggestions.

The lock-ups were being caused as I raised the clock mod. I diddnt notice the FSB was going to high. I reduced it to stay belowe 1066. Works great just gets too hot.
I was running 1.35V on CPU and 2.15V on MEM spreed disabled.
 
Well the zalman 9700 will easily handle 1.35V, I know I'd used it. Should be able to handle 1.4V even. If you don't want to buy a new cooler you may be able to get away with slightly lower Voltage which will lower the temperature. lower frequency at the same voltage will yield the same temperatures (basically).

How hot are the temperatures you were seeing?
 
Back
Top