I have been able to get very good overclocks out of my previous socket 939 boards.
Using my 4800+ I set the HT to 4x and the cpu fsb frequency to 224 with a mult of 12X
on my previous board: the ASUS A8N Premium.
I'm trying to overclock my A8N32 in a similar manner. When I set the cpu freq to
manual at around 220 the mobo automatically sets the cpu multiplier back to around 8x.When I set the FID/VID to manual 12X the fsb (as reported by the ai booster utility)
is set down to around 200mhz. Setting the NB to K8 in the chipset menu does not change the fsb according to the AI Booster utility.
Help! I'm really starting to regret buying the A8N32.
Using my 4800+ I set the HT to 4x and the cpu fsb frequency to 224 with a mult of 12X
on my previous board: the ASUS A8N Premium.
I'm trying to overclock my A8N32 in a similar manner. When I set the cpu freq to
manual at around 220 the mobo automatically sets the cpu multiplier back to around 8x.When I set the FID/VID to manual 12X the fsb (as reported by the ai booster utility)
is set down to around 200mhz. Setting the NB to K8 in the chipset menu does not change the fsb according to the AI Booster utility.
Help! I'm really starting to regret buying the A8N32.