Need help- Onboard Audio Cannot Start?

Hey everyone, I'm having a little trouble here.

I got a new HD for my recording computer in the studio here, and I have 2 sound cards that I use for recording, and when I install the onboard audio for audio Playback, it says hardware installed properly, but device cannot start. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem? I reformatted the computer once already because of the problem, and its happening again. I uninstalled all the recording sound card drivers, tried to get the onboard audio to run first - trying to see if there was a driver conflict, but nothing I've tried has worked. I tried the audio drivers that came on the CD with the Mobo, and downloading the latest set of drivers off the BioStar website.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter, as I have some recording I need to do!

try changing the sound device in the device manager.....could be trying to use the sound card and not the on board........and i can disable the on board gpu with my mobo so u may be able to disable the onbard sound :S hope it helps

Thats the thing, I DO want to use the onboard sound for audio playback. The secondary Sound cards are for Recording IN only, no audio playback. I need both drivers operable to be able to record, then be able to listen to it. In Device Manager it shows the onboard sound with the little yellow circle w/ an exclamation mark saying - Device Cannot start yadda yadda, but I don't know how to "start" it?

Try that new driver and report back.
You should really test things like that before asking for assistance :)

I installed a different OS on the comptuer, and then the drivers installed right up the first time.

And Nenu, I had actually tried installing the new set of drivers.

Back