Phenom II X4 965 CPU
Radeon 5870
4GB GSkill RAM
80GB Intel X-25 SSD
500B WD Storage Drive
Creative Xi-Fi Gamer Sound Card that died a few weeks ago
Antec 550 PSU
CM Scout Case

I have senheisser hd595's and klipsch pro mediA 2.1's I switch between. I use the headphones the most probably 70/30. My xi-fi crapped out a couple weeks ago and have been using on board sound and it makes me wanna puke. I was gonna upgrade my whole pc but I'm holding off for a bit and going to just get a new sound card for now.

Most important for me is gaming and I listen to music 95% of the time I'm on my pc. I don't really plan to use a receiver via digi out for my headphones. There isn't enough room to put one anywhere where I'm at. I want something pretty good, I'd like to try something non creative brand. However I haven't kept up on sound cards so I'm not really sure what's hot right now. What would you recommend for me?

Thanks

Those looked pretty good including a headphone amp built right in them. I'm sure anything will sound better then on board crap. Just ordered one off new egg.

^yes they will. Onboard only good for its digital out. Soundcards are targeting the headphone market as it is a essential thing for gamers. I love my surround on movies and Dts cds though

Xonar cards are the bomb I heard some bad stuff about the entire X-fi series they look nice but cost a arm and a leg (just for a soundcard) Get the Asus Xonar DX.

Back