- Joined
- Jul 1, 2004
- Messages
- 8,517
I have a few questions regarding this card, for those who owned it, please help:
1) Which OEM makes the best cooling solution? so far, every OEM I visited shows something different:
Asus:
http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/v9999ultra/overview.htm
BFG:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800U.html#zero
what is a water block?
Chaintech:
http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=14&PISNo=295
eVGA:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=256-A8-N345-AX&tab=specs
Gigabytes
http://www.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N68U256D.htm
Leadtek
http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_a400_1.html
MSI:
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6800_Ultra-T2D256&class=vga
PNY:
http://www.pny.com/products/verto/geForce6/6800ultra.asp
XFX
http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT40FUD
Last but not least, this is the most ethical vendor, they tell us the sys. requirement
but it seems their cooling design are different, so how do you know who's the best?
2) I don't understand why all these fuzzies about Ultra 6800. Does the Ultra 6800 supports 2560 x 1600? Or is it really 2048 x 1536? If it only support up to 2048x1536, then which Nvidia do I have to go with to get "Dual Link DVI signal" and 2560x1600 x 67 million color? But on the other hand, Ultra 6800 is the latest product, it should have latest tech. that supports 2560x1600x 67million color, should it not?
3) Why are you guys so much into this one when it is only AGP 8X, it seems to support PCI express, but 6800 ultra is not a PCI Express x16 technology, and yet it is the latest card, so I don't get it. IF it is the latest, it show comes w/ PCI express connection like those new ATI cards.
1) Which OEM makes the best cooling solution? so far, every OEM I visited shows something different:
Asus:
http://usa.asus.com/products/vga/v9999ultra/overview.htm
BFG:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800U.html#zero
what is a water block?
Chaintech:
http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=14&PISNo=295
eVGA:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=256-A8-N345-AX&tab=specs
Gigabytes
http://www.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_GV-N68U256D.htm
Leadtek
http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_a400_1.html
MSI:
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX6800_Ultra-T2D256&class=vga
PNY:
http://www.pny.com/products/verto/geForce6/6800ultra.asp
XFX
http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT40FUD
Last but not least, this is the most ethical vendor, they tell us the sys. requirement
but it seems their cooling design are different, so how do you know who's the best?
2) I don't understand why all these fuzzies about Ultra 6800. Does the Ultra 6800 supports 2560 x 1600? Or is it really 2048 x 1536? If it only support up to 2048x1536, then which Nvidia do I have to go with to get "Dual Link DVI signal" and 2560x1600 x 67 million color? But on the other hand, Ultra 6800 is the latest product, it should have latest tech. that supports 2560x1600x 67million color, should it not?
3) Why are you guys so much into this one when it is only AGP 8X, it seems to support PCI express, but 6800 ultra is not a PCI Express x16 technology, and yet it is the latest card, so I don't get it. IF it is the latest, it show comes w/ PCI express connection like those new ATI cards.