Need help on HL2 EP2 "I'm Stuck"

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Im at a point in the game where this green large monster looking animal type creature is running all over the place and i'm stuck in these tunnels or else he comes out and keeps throwing me down to my death everytime. I've spent the last hour trying to kill him with RPG missiles, machine gun, etc.....I CANT KILL THIS THING. Can someone give me some tips please as to how to kill this damn thing. Many thanks

Im at a point in the game where this green large monster looking animal type creature is running all over the place and i'm stuck in these tunnels or else he comes out and keeps throwing me down to my death everytime. I've spent the last hour trying to kill him with RPG missiles, machine gun, etc.....I CANT KILL THIS THING. Can someone give me some tips please as to how to kill this damn thing. Many thanks
You didn't listen to your vortigaunt friend. You aren't supposed to kill the antlion guard. He tells you something along the lines of "don't kill it or the nectar will be lost". The strategy is to sprint (which I believe they also highlighted) and avoid the guard by ducking into smaller passageways that it can't get into.

You didn't listen to your vortigaunt friend. You aren't supposed to kill the antlion guard. He tells you something along the lines of "don't kill it or the nectar will be lost". The strategy is to sprint (which I believe they also highlighted) and avoid the guard by ducking into smaller passageways that it can't get into.

OH, thanks:D I guess I just didn't hear him say that to me..... Going to play it now.

Yeh just keep moving and hide in the small caves. Press SHIFT to run faster from one cave to another.

OH, thanks:D I guess I just didn't hear him say that to me..... Going to play it now.

That part scared the shit out of me. One of those "OH SHIT THERES THE HOLE! OHSHIT OH SHIT HES RIGHT BEHIND ME AAAAHHHHHH" moments and you either duck into the hole or take like 90 damage :I

Yeah, that actually got my adrenaline going. At first I thought I was supposed to shoot him, but I realized I didn't have anywhere near enough ammo or powerful enough guns...so I started running for it, at which point I realized, hey, he's faster than me. I don't know how I managed to survive that part but I did on the first try.

Guys can you help me out just "1" more time PLEASE! Im at a point where Alyx keeps telling me to "get power to the transmitter" and can't find out how to. Spent the last 4-5 hours and can't figure this one out. I already picked up the car (cool btw) but stuck at this point. This is by far the hardest HL2 I've ever played in my opinion.

That part scared the shit out of me. One of those "OH SHIT THERES THE HOLE! OHSHIT OH SHIT HES RIGHT BEHIND ME AAAAHHHHHH" moments and you either duck into the hole or take like 90 damage :I

haha same exact feeling here. Impressive for a game to evoke that kind of emotion out of you. That's when you know a game is good. :D

A few times I was sprinting and just about to enter the hole but I heard his heavy footsteps right behind me and BAM he punts me across the map. :p

haha, yeah just how I felt...

You first see it charge at you and plough into a stalegmite, then you leg it (about 20 meters), and I turned back after legging it assuming it would still be shaking itself off 20m away, but it was right behind me, I'm talkin' 2m behind, scared the living crap out of me.

A real heart in mouth situation, had me screaming like a girl :p

Guys can you help me out just "1" more time PLEASE! Im at a point where Alyx keeps telling me to "get power to the transmitter" and can't find out how to. Spent the last 4-5 hours and can't figure this one out. I already picked up the car (cool btw) but stuck at this point. This is by far the hardest HL2 I've ever played in my opinion.

you have to plug 2 sets of wires into the correct sockets for it to work, te sockets are on opposing walls , IIRC

Yeah... I had a bunch of times where I turned around right when I got to one of the little openings to see how close it was and it was getting ready to set me flying. I kept telling myself not to waste time turning around, but I have to! Took me a while to remember I didn't have to kill it at that point too.

Go to the big, open warehouse-type building. In the backroom there is a little lift that goes down into a little basement room; there's two plugs on the far wall, two plugs on the wall adjacent to the lift. Take the plug that's already in the far side and plug it into the adjacent wall, then right next to the lift under some debris you'll find another plug...go plug that into the other wall, then take the lift back up. Fin.

that part scared the hell out of me too. especially sitting in my office, sound on bust through my Z-5500's, you can hear the antlion getting closer and closer. surround sound is the only way to go. my heart was pounded when i got to those smaller tunnels, i had to get out of my chair and walk around my house lol.

I actually felt quite disgusted crawling through those yellow bloody tunnels in that chapter. Valve did a good job on that.

Back