First i must say i admire your Folding@Home statistics.
I fold a little myself with my 8800GT. Currently producing 5604PPD with a mild OC.
Anyway Hello =D
I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI 650i motherboard and a Q6600 CPU.
I've never overclocked a CPU so i've stayed safe and used the AI Overclock utility on this board, i have it set at 10% so my clock is
2.63GHz 1173MHz FSB and 733MHz memory.
which is fine and dandy, but i cannot seem to get it any higher
AI Overclock on 15% makes a BSOD on XP. doh.
So i tried manually and decided to stick the FSB at 1333MHz which was 3GHz core and i left the memory stock at 667MHz. But it wouldn't even get past the POST.
So anyway i took the clock down to what it was with the 10% and nudged it up to 1200FSB and XP booted, but not for long. The PC just restarted.
It occasionally boots with the FSB @ 1333 but never stable.
I'm a total noob, and have tweaked very little. All voltages are stock and stuck on auto, memory timings are stock auto.
I've seen people push this CPU to 3.2-3.4GHz and i can only make it to 2.63
So does anyone have advice or experience that might help me?
I'm happy to provide more info if anyone needs it.
Thanks all
I fold a little myself with my 8800GT. Currently producing 5604PPD with a mild OC.
Anyway Hello =D
I have an ASUS P5N-E SLI 650i motherboard and a Q6600 CPU.
I've never overclocked a CPU so i've stayed safe and used the AI Overclock utility on this board, i have it set at 10% so my clock is
2.63GHz 1173MHz FSB and 733MHz memory.
which is fine and dandy, but i cannot seem to get it any higher
So i tried manually and decided to stick the FSB at 1333MHz which was 3GHz core and i left the memory stock at 667MHz. But it wouldn't even get past the POST.
So anyway i took the clock down to what it was with the 10% and nudged it up to 1200FSB and XP booted, but not for long. The PC just restarted.
It occasionally boots with the FSB @ 1333 but never stable.
I'm a total noob, and have tweaked very little. All voltages are stock and stuck on auto, memory timings are stock auto.
I've seen people push this CPU to 3.2-3.4GHz and i can only make it to 2.63
So does anyone have advice or experience that might help me?
I'm happy to provide more info if anyone needs it.
Thanks all