• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help on etching acrylic - image transferring

cerebrex

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,571
I'm just finishing up a nice custom vector based graphic I'm going to etch into my acrylic window. However, the acrylic is quite thick, and I don't believe placing a printed graphic behind the acrylic and then etching over it will be a good method, since my eye position will effect where the lines are drawn, and it's far too complex for any perspective inaccuracies. How can I get my image onto the surface of the acrylic and then etch it in perfect accuracy? Would t-shirt transfer sheets work on acrylic? I don't have a projector so that is out of the picture. Anyone have some advice?
 
I'm a little confused about what exactly is being done. I better re-read it tomorrow.
 
Print out your design on a piece of paper.. Then tape the picture to the back side of the acrylic.

Get a wet erase marker now, and trace it's wet erase so it won't rub away easily like a dry erase would.
 
Print out your design on a piece of paper.. Then tape the picture to the back side of the acrylic.

Get a wet erase marker now, and trace it's wet erase so it won't rub away easily like a dry erase would.

that's a pretty good idea ! :) I might just do that. It's very complex, hopefully they make fine tip wet erase markers.
 
Back
Top