• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need Help on Ebaying an Augidy 2

Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
997
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes they are reliable....
Aside from the obvious hardware difference and the fact that the ZS card has a bundled software equalizer (there is a software hack to add it to the Audigy2) the two card perform similarly
 
I mainly listen to music and I game but not close to being hardcore. Would the ZS make the $10 difference worth it?

Also, is there even an Audigy 2 with 5.1? I thought there are only 6.1 and 7.1 cards?
 
SentToSchool said:
I mainly listen to music and I game but not close to being hardcore. Would the ZS make the $10 difference worth it?

Also, is there even an Audigy 2 with 5.1? I thought there are only 6.1 and 7.1 cards?

All Audigy series cards are 5.1 compatible.
 
Yes, they are both 2.1, 4.1, and 5.1 cards.

You simply select the speaker configuration with the software.
 
I understand that they all support 5.1 but it says 5.1 in the title but 6.1 in the description. Did they mess up?
 
Hardware-wise both are almost the same if you don't plan to upgrade to 7.1, but the ZS series have also a built in DTS-ES decoder and the vanilla is only DD EX. I can't recall but I think the ZS drivers hack doesn't make that work on the vanilla. Would that be an important feature to you?
 
Back
Top