Need help on deciding which ps to get

oshia86

Gawd
Its near upgrade time so ive been looking at finally going pci-e and getting a 8800 series card, the system i plan on running is a amdx2 at 2.7ghz, 8800gts, asus mobo, creative audigy 2zs and 1hd, ive done some research and it seems the reviews for what im looking for arent very consistant, im looking at something about $150 ish give or take im not to picky. Here are my thoughts so far silverstone sst-st60f, ocz gamexstream 600w, or maybe the pc p&c silencer 610, my power supply (thermaltake purepower 480w) now seems to be less than worthy, These are just what ive come up so far, im not to wise with the power supplies so any other recommendations or though are very welcome. thanks

Corsair HX520

Or if you have the cash: Corsair HX620

Both superb PSUs, i'm sure most people here will agree.

Seconded! I have ordered the Corsair 620HXEU (Yeah, I'm in Europe), of the PSUs available at the moment it seems to be one of the very best options if you look at reviews and peoples experiences, modular, stable, quiet, plenty of power on the 12V rails...

if you want a bit of head room the Silverstone 1kw op, is working very well for me. I also have enough go go juice to power 2 systems atm, but hey... I'm ready for whatever the future has in store!

I am running a very similar system and a 400W Seasonic SS-400HT (29A combined 12V) surprisingly wasn't up to the task - but it came pretty close.

Any of those you're looking at, or the Corsair recommended, would do you fine with margin to spare.

i appreciate the responses and i think ill actually go with the corsair hx620, thanks guys

You definitely won't be disappointed. I run an e6600, ASUS 690i mobo (not the striker), 3 hard drives, optical drive, and an 8800GTX and it has been perfect, even when I have been experimenting with overclocking.

Back