Need help on cooling my gaming pc case.

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
1,426
(Question is Highlighted like so.)

Hi I am the following specs,with no Overclocking what so ever.

AMD64 3500+ Venice...
Abit Fatal1ty AN8...
Corsiar Xpert Leds...
Creative Audigy2 ZS...
Sapphire Radeon X850XT PE PCI-E

with 1 Maxtor DiamondMax10 300GB coming in a week and 2 Maxtor DiamondMax11 500GB HD's coming sometime next year (can't get/find them in Australia @ the moment).

I have a Thermaltake Xaser III Case with 6 case fans the 7th case fan that came with the case got broken (but can be fix).but anyway my case is alway hot cause of the Australian heat (damn you heat), my current 80GB seagate HD is like 30c-40c on a normal day but on a real hot day it goes upto 40c-50c.My Cpu is from 30c idle to 50c load (load =games) on a normal game and 40c to 60c on a real hot day. My video card is the worst that I want to get cooler its 50c idle to 70/80c load (Again load=Games) on a hot day load is 80c and alittle more.My Cosair Ram is 40c also.

Now I need to know what are some high quality 80mm fans are, that deliver good cooling, I need about 5 of them of them and one 120mm fan for a window I am making soon. I am going to buy the following CPU and GPU coolers, http://reviews.pimprig.com/cooling/fatal1ty_fs-v7_and_fs-c77_cooler.php (no argument please).

I am not thinking going Watercooling @ this time.

And if you know anygood Dust covers that will cover the listed Fans you post.

If you post any online sites please make sure they deliver to Australia n use credit cards of course.

Thanks.
 
Well...I don't know if you care about noise, but here it goes...Also, I will say that those are not too bad of a choice for coolers, the red LEDs are cool but not worth the price IMO.

Okay, fans. So you want 5x 80mm and 1x 120mm

So I am just going to give you super high speed and you can control the speed with the Hard Cano

5x Delta 80x25mm Fan Super High Speed
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de80ffhisp.html
$69.75 Total without shipping or tax

1x Delta 120x38mm Ridiculously High Speed
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12tfexhisp.html
$29.95

That delta is 220CFM but it pulls 65DB

That brings you to about $100 for fans. If you want dust guards or whatever, lets see what I can get you.

5x 80mm Fan Filter
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/80filfanguar.html
$19.75

1x 120mm Fan Filter
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/12filfanguar.html
$3.95

Total w/o Tax or Shipping: $123.40

With tax you're going to be around $155 USD


Just so you know, with this, your computer will sound like an airplane at full speed. The good news is you will have a LOT of airflow. 220CFM is a lot, but it's your choice.

My suggestion is to save up and get a Swiftech Apex Watercooling kit, you will get a lot lower temps and your ears will love you more. Do what you wish.

P.S. I just realized that sidewinder does not deliver to Australia, I for some reason thought you were in Canada. Well just find a shop and buy those fans. Those are basically the top of the line, especially the 12cm one.
 
Wrong, the Delta is the highest CFM fan, 220CFM takes the cake. But it's a mighty loud cake.
 
im not trying to argue...but those zalmans come at a premium price for the same performance as the other models jst because they are Fatality...for nearly the same price you could get a zalman 9500 which is a way better cooler...unless you want the red LEDs, in which case ur only route is the fatality series...
 
Render said:
im not trying to argue...but those zalmans come at a premium price for the same performance as the other models jst because they are Fatality...for nearly the same price you could get a zalman 9500 which is a way better cooler...unless you want the red LEDs, in which case ur only route is the fatality series...
I like Fatal1ty and Fatal1ty products (i am not arguing also) ,

is there any other brands that are good iSkylla with Red Led's :D .
 
Dude, you can buy cheap ass 120's and 80mm's..then just 7v them to rid noise...I think that is that right #. I use them on my h20 for vid card and they rock. If you want 90mm's I have a ton I sell for $4 shipped. They are Deltas. :)

I know you are not thinking H20, but for the heat..I sure in the hell would. It is very easy.
 
Back
Top