- Joined
- Jul 1, 2004
- Messages
- 8,521
I have been burning DVD+R for backup for a long time. Last night is no difference. After Nero 6.6 burned the DVD+R, it verify the files to confirm all files are there.
The files are a no. of AVI, oGM files, and I view it via Media Classic. I have accidentally double click one file while Media Classic is viewing another, normally that should be fine.
BUt for whatever reason, in the past weeks, when I use Media classic or real player play one file, and in that same sub-dir, if I were to re-name another file unrelated to the file playing, somehow real player or media classic crashed, not all the time but on occasion
Anyhoo, last night, Media Classic crashed and when I reboot, I try to view the DVD+R disc, and it says
Track096.cdr
now I'm sure once a DVD+R is burn (I even select no multi-session), it shouldn't and can't change the content, so what's this track096.cdr?
This morning, when I turn on my machine, the above error is gone, I can view the original DVD+R and I did a binary comparison on ea. file vs. the hard drive and confirm just fine.
But is it cause by a bad DVD+R? My media use is Maxell made in japan media, so far there is no issue w/ the entire box.
Is it safe to delete the contents in my hard drive or should I do another backup on that same dvd+R?
The files are a no. of AVI, oGM files, and I view it via Media Classic. I have accidentally double click one file while Media Classic is viewing another, normally that should be fine.
BUt for whatever reason, in the past weeks, when I use Media classic or real player play one file, and in that same sub-dir, if I were to re-name another file unrelated to the file playing, somehow real player or media classic crashed, not all the time but on occasion
Anyhoo, last night, Media Classic crashed and when I reboot, I try to view the DVD+R disc, and it says
Track096.cdr
now I'm sure once a DVD+R is burn (I even select no multi-session), it shouldn't and can't change the content, so what's this track096.cdr?
This morning, when I turn on my machine, the above error is gone, I can view the original DVD+R and I did a binary comparison on ea. file vs. the hard drive and confirm just fine.
But is it cause by a bad DVD+R? My media use is Maxell made in japan media, so far there is no issue w/ the entire box.
Is it safe to delete the contents in my hard drive or should I do another backup on that same dvd+R?