- Joined
- Jul 1, 2004
- Messages
- 8,516
I am setting up a free computer for a non-profit organization, I have a simple internal 56K v.92 GVC internal modem that comes with drivers.
But XP is not seeing those drivers as proper drivers when I select them, as those are old drivers for win 98.
XP found the modem as Generic Soft K56. But it is not showing or seeing the COM port that comes with the internal modem. So obviously I can't dial out without the com port.
Would the proper drivers be automatically install the COM port? Or do I have to manually add it somehow?
The funny thing is, under Advance Port Settings, it does say COM Port Number is COM4. But in Device Manager, there is no COM4 listed.
Any idea how to get that com port? Because under Setup wizard of Internet connection, it grey out the option to select dial up analog modem. Please help
The modem is a GVC model GPCI-92/TMH internal modem, and this link shows it should have XP support. I just can't find the XP driver.
http://www.supergeek.ca/products/prod_daiwa_fax-md0414-gvc.htm
But XP is not seeing those drivers as proper drivers when I select them, as those are old drivers for win 98.
XP found the modem as Generic Soft K56. But it is not showing or seeing the COM port that comes with the internal modem. So obviously I can't dial out without the com port.
Would the proper drivers be automatically install the COM port? Or do I have to manually add it somehow?
The funny thing is, under Advance Port Settings, it does say COM Port Number is COM4. But in Device Manager, there is no COM4 listed.
Any idea how to get that com port? Because under Setup wizard of Internet connection, it grey out the option to select dial up analog modem. Please help
The modem is a GVC model GPCI-92/TMH internal modem, and this link shows it should have XP support. I just can't find the XP driver.
http://www.supergeek.ca/products/prod_daiwa_fax-md0414-gvc.htm