• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help on a Few Problems

jabronidan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
322
Just built my rig, its in my sig. 2 Problems- A. My floppy drive doesn't work. I need one for school, bringing in projects, I can't hand in a USB drive, well I can but the teacher will lose it. The light is just on, always. Whenever I put a disk in, it says, "The disk is not formatted. Do you want to format the disk now?" I click Ok and then it gives me an error saying no disk in drive. I connected everything right, I don't know maybe I did something stupid.

B- After Standby Mode my monitor and keyboard don't turn on, unless I don't turn my monitor off. I want to keep power usage at a minumum when not at home or using the computer, electical bill is expensive. Is there any way of adjusting this? Also should I use something other then standby to save power.

Thanks if you answer any one of my questions.
 
jabronidan said:
Just built my rig, its in my sig. 2 Problems- A. My floppy drive doesn't work. I need one for school, bringing in projects, I can't hand in a USB drive, well I can but the teacher will lose it. The light is just on, always. Whenever I put a disk in, it says, "The disk is not formatted. Do you want to format the disk now?" I click Ok and then it gives me an error saying no disk in drive. I connected everything right, I don't know maybe I did something stupid.

Double check that the interface cable is properly connected. It's most likely either that, a bad cable, or a bad drive.

B- After Standby Mode my monitor and keyboard don't turn on, unless I don't turn my monitor off. I want to keep power usage at a minumum when not at home or using the computer, electical bill is expensive. Is there any way of adjusting this? Also should I use something other then standby to save power.

Thanks if you answer any one of my questions.

Eh, I've seen that before. If your BIOS has options for power management take a look at them and the manual. Usually if I want to save power I just turn off my PC. Standby works (95% of the time) for me, but I just don't use it with desktops for some reason.
 
also on the floppy cable, make sure the cable to the mobo isnt connected backwards. i.e motherboard end on the floppy drive and floppy drive end on the mobo.

I was confangled when I was having issues with my floppy drive and then someone told me to check my cable. I flipped the cable around and then I had no issues. 'eh, whatever works.
 
ITs connected backwards thats why the light is on. disconnect and make sure pin one is lined up
 
jacuzz1 said:
ITs connected backwards thats why the light is on. disconnect and make sure pin one is lined up

Funny that I read this after fixing it, and yes that was exactly the problem. I guess when you building you just want to finish already and connecting the floppy isn't really a big concern. Everything works fine.
 
Back
Top