• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Help OC'ing my amd 2400+

In3rtia

n00b
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
4
Hey a have a noobish question in regards to overclocking my Pc. Can anyone help me OC my system???
the specs on my system are
- Amd 2400+ TB (i believe it is a B")
- Asus Nforce 2, 400fsb revision - 2.0 or less
- 768 of pc 3200 kingston ram
- 80 gig ide Hdd (that doesnt matter)
- Ati 9500 np (flashed to a 9700np)
- Windows Xp Professional
- Phoenix bios specs are 1.75 vcore, multiplier is set at 7.0% / 140.0%, and bus is at 142
 
Your multiplier is 14 and your FSB is 142, that's already changed around a bit. Basically, take your FSB the highest it can go, with a really low muliplier. THe higher the FSB, the better, because that's what connects everything in your system. Then, raise multipliers and voltages until you get what you can get. Prime95 your setup. First, do some googling, you might break something if you don't know what you're doing.
 
Do something like 10x200 to start off. Then do 10x210, 10x220, etc...

Then when the fsb doesn't go higher, up the multi.

I don't have much hope though, I had a Tbred B 2400+ with Kingston PC3200 and I couldn't hit higher than 2.2 Ghz.
 
2.2! I reckon I could push mine to 2.5 if i had better cooling
 
Well your hitting 2.4Ghz, but with 1.9Vcore. I wouldn't really recommend ANY newb to overclock with anymore than 1.8Vcore, heck even 1.75Vcore is a lot. We have no idea what HSF he has, so we don't know if it'll get hot enuf to induce C.O.P.

If he has a Thermalright/Swifty, even then, 1.75Vcore is starting to push early to mid 40's @ idle, making load somewhere around 50's. If he doesn't have the Thermalright/Swifty (which is more likely), then he is probably already at high 40's at idle...load is a whole different story.

Hitting 2.2Ghz with a 2400+ (Tbred) would be a good starting place, though instead of focusing on hitting 2.4Ghz, I'd rather him consider raising his FSB to 210-215ish, perhaps even dropping back down to 10.5x to accomodate that.
 
hey, um i did get it to 2.2 last night, but my temp is running at 55'C ummm im going out today to get some quiksilver paste and a new hsf ... cost me around 75 bones... besides that, my pc is running stable... i let prime 95 run all night ... worked great is there anything else i can do besides playing with the multiplier and fsb...are there any other programs i can get off of suprnova or anywhere else? thanks alot
 
Quicksilver? I'd rather have AS5 or that Shin Etsu stuff...using the right thermal paste is crucial if you wanna drop temps.

E.g, I used the fake-ass Antec's "Silver thermal paste". While I did get decent temps (42C's idle), this was not that good. I switched over to AS Ceramique (this was last year, so AS5 was not out yet), and my temps dropped again to 38C's!

Well aside from the quicksilver issue, I hope you got a good heatsink. Most heatsinks sold in store are loud and bad...except the Tt Silent Boost with its Panaflo. Other than that, most are loud and inefficient.

But you already spent $75...so I hope they are working well.
 
Ok, So is there any other possible way to get it faster? any good programs?... if not, i might just buy a 2500+ -m barton... my bud has one, and cpuid rates his at a 3600+ lol... its a great processor
 
Back
Top