• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need help OC E8400 on P5Q PRo

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,649
Can someone please tell me what settings I need to change to overclock my E8400 to 4.0ghz on my P5Q pro? What do I need to set for the FSB strap to North Bridge? also what should I disable in the bios or enable? I have not messed with overclocking in over 4 years. I'm using a 2x2GB G.Skill PC8500 set of ram.


Ok so I just changed the FSB to 450 and the CPU voltage to 1.325 and I'm sitting at windows at this

Im going to run prime but i doubt it is stable yet because I have not changed anything., what else should I change? so far I only changed the following.

PCIE = 100
Line Calibration = Enabled
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCI-E Spread Spectrum = Disabled
C1E Support = Disabled

4ghz.jpg

I need to somehow get better airflow, im getting 67C under load at 3.8/4.0.
 
You need to increase your Vcore... Try 1.37V and see if that OC is stable. If it's not stable (I recommend IntelBurnTest, much faster stability testing) increase the Vcore up a notch... but I wouldn't exceed 1.4V in CPU-Z (BIOS may be set higher, as long as CPU-Z/BIOS reports Vcore < 1.4V). If you hit 1.4, increase the NB Vcore (don't exceed ~1.45 without a fan blowing on the NB) and FSB termination voltage (don't exceed 1.4 ever) by 1 notch each, and try again.

Also, I'd recommend setting your FSB:DRAM ratio to 1:1, there aren't really any benefits to running memory any faster than your FSB speed. (if i recall correctly)
 
Back
Top