clownshoes
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2012
- Messages
- 192
This is probably pretty simple to do but I've never messed around with it before so I figure asking for advice is probably the best idea. Anyway, I have 8 of these nexus 120mm fans in my case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610006
As you can see, each fan has a 3 pin as well as both a female and male molex power connector on it. This makes for a wiring nightmare. What I'd like to do is remove both the molex connectors and then connect the 3 pin to a fan controller. I also need to lengthen the wiring so I can route it around the back of my case. I'm basically wondering if this is reasonable to do and if so, what supplies would I want to get? If there are any guides that anybody knows about, that would be very helpful. I can't see to find much information on this. Thanks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610006
As you can see, each fan has a 3 pin as well as both a female and male molex power connector on it. This makes for a wiring nightmare. What I'd like to do is remove both the molex connectors and then connect the 3 pin to a fan controller. I also need to lengthen the wiring so I can route it around the back of my case. I'm basically wondering if this is reasonable to do and if so, what supplies would I want to get? If there are any guides that anybody knows about, that would be very helpful. I can't see to find much information on this. Thanks