• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help installing floppy drive in DD 4600

SMP

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 15, 2000
Messages
347
I got one of the cheap 4600's for my mom, and was just gonna use the floppy from my 400sc. I just cracked open the 4600 and there is no place to attach the floppy. Anyone know what I need to get or where I can get info on how to do this?

Just goto local puter store and get brackets?
 
I looked at a picture of the Dimension 4600 just now, it looks like the case only has 3 5.25" external bays and no 3.5 inch bays. I guess you'll have to buy a 3.5 -> 5.25 bay bracket.
 
BillLeeLee said:
I looked at a picture of the Dimension 4600 just now, it looks like the case only has 3 5.25" external bays and no 3.5 inch bays. I guess you'll have to buy a 3.5 -> 5.25 bay bracket.

there are only two 5.25 bays and no 3.5 bays.
 
A 5.25-3.5 converter or USB external FDD would work. USB would be more expensive than the converter if you already have the drive though.
 
Back
Top