Need help installing 5850 on Windows 7

guitarguy6

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
1,948
Hey guys, I'm pulling out my hair trying to install my new Sapphire 5850. The issue I have is once I install the ATI 9.10 drivers and reboot, my pc locks up right as Windows loads. When I got the card last week I previously had a 4890 that I uninstalled and replaced with this card with no issue. Today I got 2 X 500gb 7200.12 that I setup in Raid 0. I installed Win 7 x64 and everything works fine except the 5850. I even updated the bios for my EX58-UD5. I've re-installed 4 times so far trying to figure out what's wrong. I even tried the driver cd that came with the card and that driver installs but when Win7 loads my pc stutters. Any ideas?
 
I had some similar issues with a 5770 earlier. I've had my 9800gt for physx and I've had to switch back to using it as my main display. In games the driver hangs up every 10 seconds or so. On the desktop it will hang up for quite a while. I think its a driver issue.
 
Back
Top