• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help in deciding radiator placement

mkim797

n00b
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
29
I'm working on a water-cooled dual opteron, dual gpu system. I am a little worried about the amount of heat the pump might put into the system (I am thinking of using a Gormann-Rupp pump). I was toying with the idea of putting the radiator inline directly after the outlet on the pump rather than before the reservoir so that the coolant can be returned to a temp as close to ambient as possible without being reheated by the pump. Anyone have any experience with this? Would this provide any advantages/disadvantages?
 
you should post watercooling questions in the watercooling forum.

res should always be right before the pump intake.

what specific parts are you planning on using all around?

coolant temps are pretty constant throught the loop, in most home-brew watercooling solutions. large volume of water being moved, with a small temperature change.
 
DFI Daishi said:
you should post watercooling questions in the watercooling forum.

Oops...I'll repost there. Forgot about the watercooling forum

DFI Daishi said:
res should always be right before the pump intake.

Yeah...I planned to place the res before the pump intake, but the radiator directly after the pump output.

DFI Daishi said:
what specific parts are you planning on using all around?

I have access to industrial pneumatic fittings, tubing, etc. so all of that will be from SMC Pneumatics. As for everything else, I think I am going to be using mainly DangerDen waterblocks and BlackIce Pro 3 Radiator(s). Once again, the pump will most likely be Gormann-Rupp.

DFI Daishi said:
coolant temps are pretty constant throught the loop, in most home-brew watercooling solutions. large volume of water being moved, with a small temperature change.

After you said this, I will probably put the radiator directly before the reservoir. Thanks
 
Back
Top