Need help/ideas please . . . *pics*

Here is my problem. I bought a Lian-Li PC-V1000 case and absolutely love it. I also bought a OCZ ModStream powersupply that I also love. Problem is the powersupply doesn't quite fit into the case. So I need some help. The problem is the powersupply is a little too big, it hangs out the back of the case (see pic)

case5.jpg

So what I need to do is find an extra long bolt that will reach the case. The bolts that came with it are too short (see pic). So does anyone know where I can get longer ones, I need ones that are about 1 inch long that are the exact same width and threading.

case1.jpg

And just for the hell of it here is a pic of my new setup:

case6.jpg

Yeah. Why doesn't it go in all the way? I'd be inclined to cut away whatever is obstructing it. It'd make for a much cleaner look.

domoMKIV said:
it looks like theres still space behind the psu??

Trust me there isn't, it does fit if I press hard enough, but I don't think thats good for the power wires to be bent so sharply and have so much pressure on them. I'd like for there to be a little room for the wires when they come out of the PSU.

Registrator said:
Trust me there isn't, it does fit if I press hard enough, but I don't think thats good for the power wires to be bent so sharply and have so much pressure on them. I'd like for there to be a little room for the wires when they come out of the PSU.
So cut out some more room. Elsewise, local hardware store should easily have the screws you need. Perhaps not thumbscrews, but how often are you taking out your power supply?

either push it harder or cut the hole larger so it does not need to bend. You won't even see the hole you cut but you can see that psu hanging out the back easily.. I wouldn't just use long screwes that doesn't look right.

I already have cut away part of the case to make room. I am not sure if you can tell in this pic here but now the wires are hitting one of the hard drive carraiges.

case3.jpg

I could knock it out, but then I would only have space for 3 hard drives, instead of 6, and I am not sure if I want to do that yet.

So do you guys think its bad to just to go ahead and cram it in there, or should I try to give the wires a little room as they come out of the PSU?

could you take a pic so we can see the part where the wires exit? like moreso from the front of the case as opposed to the side, i mean.

edit: actually it looks like that bracket could fit if you flipped it as the mounting point looks like its right in the middle, try flipping the psu because it looks like the wires coming out of it arent right in the middle, instead as they are they are closer to the bottom of the case. So if you flip it there would be more room from the bottom of the case to where the wires are coming out and it might be enough for you to be able to push it back more.

Catch what im sayin?

if not, the easiest way i can explain it is.....instead of the sticker on the side of your psu facing the way it is now, flip it so that sticker is facing the other side of the case instead.

The PSU is mounted upsidedown...try rightside up? justa thought, prolly cant do that for some reason or another :p good luck!

Lucidguy_3000 said:
The PSU is mounted upsidedown...try rightside up? justa thought, prolly cant do that for some reason or another :p good luck!

That was my thought as well. I have not seen the case in person but I would think if you turned the psu around it would fit correctly.

JEEVES

Back