Need help, I corrupted my partition table

Deimos

[H]ard|Gawd
I was doing some overclocking and managed to corrupt my partition table, now every time I boot I get a blue screen with "Registry error" if I try re installing windows it gets to the part that scans for existing OS and it blue screens there too, same error, and if I boot to the recovery console, when you log in to windows it blue sreens there too, if I put the HDDs in another machine it says the HDD is RAW format and I can't run a chkdsk on it.

Is there any windows app that will do the same thing as a chkdsk? I'm running Active unerase on it to recover as much data as I can before I attempt anything, it would be good if I could recover from this, but it is not looking good so far :(

The disk is corrupted, you'll have to wipe it with 0's and start fresh, wipe with autoclave or dban, both included on UltimateBootCD

oldmx

try bootit cd there is a time limited trial fully functional it is able to fix some problems not all problems when you boot it will ask you where you want to install it cancel the install by saying no it will take you to maintance mode and will give you options in properties that may help just set the file system to fat32 or ntfs and don't format it may fix it if not low level format is most likley the only option.

Back