Need help hooking up my 6800gt to my hdtv!!

MasterShake

Limp Gawd
I just got a dvi to component adapter so I could play some games with some friends on my big screen this weekend. When I hook it up I just get corruption on the screen. I've checked all the DIP settings and everything and it won't let me use my monitor and the hdtv at the same time, so I can't check the resolution for the tv. The tv is a 51" Sony HDTV KDP-51WS550, the video card is a Leadtek 6800gt and here is a link to the dvi adapter I got: Link

I really hope I can get this working. :(

it says it's compatible with 6800 cards also. I can see the desktop but the screen keeps moving like when you mess with the vertical/horizontal controls on your tv.

Your best bet(worked on my sony hdtv) is to pickup a DVI>HDMI cable and hook up that way, works great!

I'm thinking I will have to try that. The reason I did it this way is because my tv's manual says that it isn't meant to work with a pc plus some people don't have any luck with it. I believe my video card has a dvi-i connector so should I just get a hdmi cable?

I'm going to buy the dvi cable tonight. The connection on the hdtv is dvi, so should I get a dvi-d or dvi-i cable or does it matter??

w00tMkay said:
Your best bet(worked on my sony hdtv) is to pickup a DVI>HDMI cable and hook up that way, works great!

Link to said cable. I've been trying to get my 6800GT on my 65" HDTV FOR FRICKING EVER. I need this thing!

Back