Need Help = Good 24" Lcd (450~600$)

Majed

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
102
I'm looking for good 24" LCD, my max is $600.

i made a lot of searching and if i found some models got my concern but when i read about the problems most/some users facing my head starting get dizzy....

now i have hp 2207 TN panel which is good except Color-shifting dua View-Angel and 6 bit.
so i need 24" lcd. thinking about getting HP2408 but i didn't find any info about it.
and i loved Glosy screen and this the only one at this time.
but...i will buy 600$ ,so i think i can get a much better quality LCD...
and...what about hp w2408? I raed it has a wide gamut color!.
I thought about getting Dell 2407wfp-hc but reading a lot about back light bleeding and brightness or color different between Left side and right side making me thinking again!.
and what about LG L246WPBN 24"?
and finally I'm afraid about input-lag issue!..any thing better or equal to hp w2207 will be good for me! as i think.

any way..
Can u Help finding good 24" Lcd to get it.
my use is balanced (3D designing/Coding/Watching Movies/Gaming/Web(ing)
i know there's a lot of threads here talking about alot of this...but i want a certain advice from the experts for my subject.

my problem is i'm outside US, so my friend there will buy it, test it Then send it to me.

So i need to be sure for what i will get.

thanks in advance :cool:
 
are you planning on hooking up any consoles to it? either ps3/xbox360s? i would recommend the lg l246w for $599 at best buy.
 
rjc.
Can i know why did you recommend Dell for me?

jtdaman
no..Only PC.
but i will check about LG.
thanks.
 
LG in the 24's by far the best, 599 at best buy, the same PMVA panel found in the benq without the benq problems, better hardware on the LG.

Better to buy your LCD locally at a best buy or other store.........why??? zero dead pixel policy, easy returns, no shipping fees or refusals like online stores AND no panel lottery like Dell. You will know exactly what you are getting.

It's a great LCD the LG that is, I have it, as many others also report, good for consoles, no input lag problems ( LG has the lowest input lag of any 24 inch panel) PMVA panel, excellent for gaming, minimal light leakage and great picture.

Forget about those glossy ass panels, buy a mirror if you want to see yourself.
 
thanks conghelach for your reply and the funny last line. :p
Okay..
so you tell me it's better than the Dell 2407wfp-hc ??
Can you give a good review for this lcd LG L246WPBN if this what you mean.
 
there is a 23 page forum on the lg 24" lcd here. i'm sure if you look around the display forum you will see it. it's long i know but it's a good place to start. i'm pretty much fixated on getting the lg. however sometimes there are good deals on the dell. but we'll see.
 
rjc.
Can i know why did you recommend Dell for me?

jtdaman
no..Only PC.
but i will check about LG.
thanks.

Here's Why. Remember though that the forum recently lost about the last two weeks of posts so the thread is missing the most recent stuff.

I just ordered this monitor Friday and it arrived Monday. Currently plugged into my old box until the new one is up and running. I'm using it at full res 1920x1200 and it's a stunner. I looked at the LG. It's nice, also Samsung, Westy and a couple of others, even the Planar 26" but, for my eyes, the Dell dances circles around any other monitor at this size.
 
thanks conghelach for your reply and the funny last line. :p
Okay..
so you tell me it's better than the Dell 2407wfp-hc ??
Can you give a good review for this lcd LG L246WPBN if this what you mean.


there's a thread here on the forum about the LG246 I suggest you read through it, Yes I recommend the LG246, its a very good panel, the 2407wfp HC im sure costs more, the problem with dell is you play the panel lottery, they use several different companies to provide their lcd panels which is why there are soo many confusing reviews of dell lcd monitors, five people with the same DELL lcd monitor could have five different brand lcd panels and thus five different reviews.

Plus to buy dell or other online stores you wont get a zero dead pixel return, will have to pay restocking fees on returns and pay for shipping, for this reason I highly recommend buying an LCD at a local store for no hassle returns if there is a problem. Best Buy and Circuit City have zero dead pixel return policies. With the LG there is no panel lottery either, they use the same AUO panel found in the famous benq 24 inch lcd's.
 
there's a thread here on the forum about the LG246 I suggest you read through it, Yes I recommend the LG246, its a very good panel, the 2407wfp HC im sure costs more, the problem with dell is you play the panel lottery, they use several different companies to provide their lcd panels which is why there are soo many confusing reviews of dell lcd monitors, five people with the same DELL lcd monitor could have five different brand lcd panels and thus five different reviews.

Plus to buy dell or other online stores you wont get a zero dead pixel return, will have to pay restocking fees on returns and pay for shipping, for this reason I highly recommend buying an LCD at a local store for no hassle returns if there is a problem. Best Buy and Circuit City have zero dead pixel return policies. With the LG there is no panel lottery either, they use the same AUO panel found in the famous benq 24 inch lcd's.

No aspect scaling on the LG though which makes it pretty useless if you want to play any older games. I still play DIablo II, Sacred and others where 1:1 would be really small, and would want aspect scaling. If the LG had it, I would probably get it. As it is, my choice gets forced to W2408 or the Benq 241
 
are you planning on hooking up any consoles to it? either ps3/xbox360s? i would recommend the lg l246w for $599 at best buy.

picked it up last night. but i will need to exchange it today, due to couple dead pixels, but i'm amazed what a great monitor this is. i'm even more amazed, as this is my very first LCD monitor (upgraded from 17" CRT!) :eek:

once i get the new one in, i'll take pics of my setup. :p
 
now i have hp 2207 TN panel which is good except Color-shifting dua View-Angel and 6 bit.
so i need 24" lcd. thinking about getting HP2408 but i didn't find any info about it.

2408 is TN like 2207 so most probably same problems will be there as you have now.
 
I have the LG (both a 245 and 246), and it's great outside of the lack of aspect scaling. For that reason alone, I kept my old Dell 2001fp.

As for dead pixels, neither Best Buy nor Circuit City have a zero dead pixel policy. But, they do have an abuseable return/exchange policy which is almost as good. As long as they make some money and keep you as a customer, they're willing to overlook their own policy. When I picked up my LG 246wp from Best Buy, I was told to just state it was defective rather than mention that it had one dead pixel. After about 6 exchanges, the manager finally stated that this would be the last chance I had (Fortunately it had no dead pixels). Circuit City is pretty much the same way to the best of my knowledge.

As for online sales, while NewEgg is pretty much the gold standard on everything else, for LCD's, go NCIX. Unlike NewEgg, you can get a Zero Dead Pixel Guarantee. This is crucial if you wanted to pick up a monitor not carried by BB nor CC. Not exactly the cheapest prices, but they have sales every week to get the costs down lower.
 
first of all.
i would to thank everyone in this Forum for their support and cooperatives. :)

i bought the LG L246wp, in the first i was soo afraid i will not stand the fact this lcd is not glossy.
but it look like there is some glossy’s effect on its coating!.it's not like many lcd i saw.
the colors the contrast very excellent on this monitor.
sure the w2408 has some benefit but overall the L246wp got the vote.
I had w2207 and very gald to let my choice goes to L246wp.

now i know the different between TN and MVA panels ;)
 
I have the LG (both a 245 and 246), and it's great outside of the lack of aspect scaling. For that reason alone, I kept my old Dell 2001fp.

As for dead pixels, neither Best Buy nor Circuit City have a zero dead pixel policy. But, they do have an abuseable return/exchange policy which is almost as good. As long as they make some money and keep you as a customer, they're willing to overlook their own policy. When I picked up my LG 246wp from Best Buy, I was told to just state it was defective rather than mention that it had one dead pixel. After about 6 exchanges, the manager finally stated that this would be the last chance I had (Fortunately it had no dead pixels). Circuit City is pretty much the same way to the best of my knowledge.

As for online sales, while NewEgg is pretty much the gold standard on everything else, for LCD's, go NCIX. Unlike NewEgg, you can get a Zero Dead Pixel Guarantee. This is crucial if you wanted to pick up a monitor not carried by BB nor CC. Not exactly the cheapest prices, but they have sales every week to get the costs down lower.

Nytegard, thanks 4 ur info.
can i know the time’s period of replacement/exchanges with Circuit City if there's any defeat appear with this monitor, and is it easy to do or it will be hard time?
 
Back
Top