Need help from someone with a Dell Latitude

Xcelerate

n00b
I have a Latitude D630, I was wondering if anyone has a similar D-series laptop and knows the maximum supported resolution? I have asked dell, but no one seems to know. Thanks!

nope, nobody at all knows and never will

even with google and product reviews that list specs:
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-latitude-d630/4505-3121_7-32445398.html

we will never know that the monitor has a listed native resolution of 1440x900

if this doesn't seem to apply to you (For whatever reason), Dell has this neat thing called a Support Page, you'll need your service tag (which it can teach you how to locate), and it can tell you how your system was configured from the factory vs what its configured as today

Haha.. No. That's not what I meant at all. Sorry, I was in a hurry and hit "Submit" right as I was leaving so I was hoping someone would get the gist of what I was trying to say instead of giving a response like I was an idiot that didn't know how to search ;) .

I was referring to the max supported resolution of an external monitor on the d-series (specifically through the docking station's DVI port). The laptop has an nVidia quadro 135m gpu, which according to nVidia's site has a max supported resolution of 1600x1200. However, I have seen spec sheets for the latitude saying it supports 1920x1200. In addition to this, some people have reported running monitors at that resolution.

So I was hoping that among the rather sarcastic lot here that someone might have such a laptop and know firsthand.

Thanks!

Back