• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help for case fan managament

laukinisvilkas

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
77
Now I have some http://www.soselectronic.com/?str=371&artnum=70331 sunon high rpm-high airflow-very loud fans which doesn't really disturb me but my roommate most of the time wants to sleep at night while my habits doesn't allow to do such thing... :) So after that 48dBA shock everyone must have had I would like to get some advice on new more silent fans without wasting too much money on that matter.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8263/pa304823.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8628/pa304822.jpg

I also have zalman ZM-MFC2 fan controller.

Sorry for linking to web site with unknown language but this is the cheapest and also having the best selection of fans in our country web shop - http://www.skytech.lt/ausintuvai-sisteminiai-c-86_85_116_111.html?sort=3a
I have CM 690 II Advanced and as you see I have spare 2x http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexus120mmrealsilentcasefan.htm and 1x http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-120mm-pwm-fan-ultra-quiet.htm + all 3 stock case fans

From what I could gather with google help and some common knowledge I know that 2 gentle typhoons on my noctua nh-u12p would be the best solution but I'm not looking for easy but pricey solutions... I have single Noctua NF-P12-1300 and I'm looking to make use of it. Now I have found (at least to my google knowledge) 2 best fitting fans for that job - Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850rpm (14 euros) and AC Case fan Arctic Fan F12 PRO PWM (~5 euros). I just cant seem to find which of them has better static pressure but then doest all that matter if my Noctua NF-P12-1300 does push. Again I want to mention I look for best value for my money but not bad performance.


http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3829/14152555.jpg - front intake plan. Yes I'm mad and I only use one bay for ZM-MFC2 and other 3 are occupied by fans (I have external dvd-rom).


And the last but not the least is the exhaust fan and front intake fan (I already have too loud sunon placed in 5.25 bay place to serve as intake fan and therefore creating a wind tunel). If http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-120mm-pwm-fan-ultra-quiet.htm has better static pressure than AC F12 pro then it can serve as intake fan nb. 1 as it has to get air through dust filter and grills in CM 690 II Adv and if it the other way around AC F12 pro can be fan nb. 1 and nexus fan as fan nb 2.
For exhaust I think the best options would be Scythe Slip Stream 120mm 1600pm (9 EU) or AC F12 pro (5 EU !!!!!!!!) as there is no need for high static pressure only CFM/m3 matters (at least I think so).

For side of the case I think I‘ll just use 2x http://www.nexustek.nl/NXS-nexus120mmrealsilentcasefan.htm

Eagerly waiting for words of the wise ones. Thank you for your time.
 
Last edited:
if price isn't a big concern and you're looking for more silent solutions:

for your HSF I'd look for push-pull (x2) san ace 9S1212H4011 fans, if you can't find them I'd go with the scythe gentle typhoon ap-15 fans. either way you may still want to undervolt them, but they will get you the best results with the lowest sound signature.

case fans;

yate loon low speed for vertical mount are still awesome for the price, very quiet and get the job done. for horizontall mount 140mm I'd probably go with noise blocker nb-blacksilent xk1 fans. horizontal mount 120mm I'd probably go back to the scythe gentle typhoons, but the ap-12/13 models.

static pressure isn't a big issue for normal case fans, there are a few that dramatically under perform with any resistance, but you can normally distinguish them from the fan design (fans you may want to avoid are the ones with straight blades, as opposed to swept, with small motors).
 
Back
Top