Before I got my Maxtor 250 gb IDE drive. I had my SATA Samsung 80 gb and a WD 80 gb IDE
I had cd burner and sony in the first channel while the second channel was left alone for just the WD
Now, after I got the 250 gb harddrive,
First Channel
Master: cd burner
Slave :Maxtor 250 gb
second Channel
Master : dvd rom
Slave : WD 80 gb
Once I booted , I have the option of booting into Samsung on sata , or WD on IDE... now...
I cant boot into Samsung. it says " cannot boot into hardware disk, something about the hardware configuration...." But I can boot into the WD just fine
When I checked the Boot.ini , I clicked on the "check all boot path" , it says "it appears the following line in the boot.ini does not refer to a valid operating system"
wtf!??!?!!?? I can access my files from samsung just fine!!! I notice the Samsung drive was now E rather then D like it use too.
How would I boot into my Samsung drive like I use too?
thanks a bunch!!!!
I had cd burner and sony in the first channel while the second channel was left alone for just the WD
Now, after I got the 250 gb harddrive,
First Channel
Master: cd burner
Slave :Maxtor 250 gb
second Channel
Master : dvd rom
Slave : WD 80 gb
Once I booted , I have the option of booting into Samsung on sata , or WD on IDE... now...
I cant boot into Samsung. it says " cannot boot into hardware disk, something about the hardware configuration...." But I can boot into the WD just fine
When I checked the Boot.ini , I clicked on the "check all boot path" , it says "it appears the following line in the boot.ini does not refer to a valid operating system"
wtf!??!?!!?? I can access my files from samsung just fine!!! I notice the Samsung drive was now E rather then D like it use too.
How would I boot into my Samsung drive like I use too?
thanks a bunch!!!!