So I picked up an e7300 to replace a dying e2140, and frankly, I'm a bit disappointed by the OC I've been reaching. Granted, I'm a little unfamiliar with my MB's voltage options, so maybe I could get some help here to fine tune things.
Right now, I'm running the e7300 at 400x9 on an IP35-Pro. Memory, of course, is set to 1:1, and any higher than a 3.6Ghz clock and everything turns to crap. I've tried using the stock 10x multiplier, I've tried doing a higher FSB, nothing works. In addition, I feel my voltages are WAY too high for what my clock is, but nothing else seems to get even close to stable. In the image below, the voltage displays as 1.35v, but with vdroop, it ends up being 1.3 while running Orthos.
In addition, I have my memory speed set to auto, because while I know my ram is rated for 5-5-5-12, I have NO idea what to set for the other 4 options. The ram voltage is fairly high at 2.075v, they're rated for 1.9-2.0 at 400Mhz, but again, nothing is stable with it lower.
Edit: Temps seem fine, to be honest, but I hesitate to trust them. I have the typical frozen sensors at idle (39/34c) and I'm hitting 55c at load on both cores before Orthos craps out on me.
I'm running:
e7300 with a Xigmatek HDT-S1283, Yate Loon 120mm fan.
IP35-Pro with bios 17
4x 2GB Patriot ram (model # PDC24G6400ELK) for 8GB total
Vista x64
Corsair HX620
BFG 8800GT
if anyone could help me out a bit, I'd greatly appreciate it. I tried doing some searches, but couldn't find much regarding the IP35-Pro's bios in particular.
Right now, I'm running the e7300 at 400x9 on an IP35-Pro. Memory, of course, is set to 1:1, and any higher than a 3.6Ghz clock and everything turns to crap. I've tried using the stock 10x multiplier, I've tried doing a higher FSB, nothing works. In addition, I feel my voltages are WAY too high for what my clock is, but nothing else seems to get even close to stable. In the image below, the voltage displays as 1.35v, but with vdroop, it ends up being 1.3 while running Orthos.
In addition, I have my memory speed set to auto, because while I know my ram is rated for 5-5-5-12, I have NO idea what to set for the other 4 options. The ram voltage is fairly high at 2.075v, they're rated for 1.9-2.0 at 400Mhz, but again, nothing is stable with it lower.
Edit: Temps seem fine, to be honest, but I hesitate to trust them. I have the typical frozen sensors at idle (39/34c) and I'm hitting 55c at load on both cores before Orthos craps out on me.
I'm running:
e7300 with a Xigmatek HDT-S1283, Yate Loon 120mm fan.
IP35-Pro with bios 17
4x 2GB Patriot ram (model # PDC24G6400ELK) for 8GB total
Vista x64
Corsair HX620
BFG 8800GT
if anyone could help me out a bit, I'd greatly appreciate it. I tried doing some searches, but couldn't find much regarding the IP35-Pro's bios in particular.