Need Help Finding Mechanical Specifications for 5.25" and 3.5" Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking for the mechanical specifications for both 3.5" drives and 5.25" drives so that I can know the required pitch and position of the screw holes as well as the physical maximum dimensions of these drives.

I'm working on a case mod project that will involve me developing custom PCB and need to know the dimensions that will be required of my PCB.

The screw holes themselves are 6-32, and the overall dimensions of a hard drive are very close to 1"x4"x6" (the 3.5" refers to the platter size, BTW).

Do you have a hard drive you can take out and measure? The position of screw holes on hard drives hasn't changed in about 20 years.

EDIT: I think I found what you're looking for: Link (pdf) See page 31 (marked as page 23). It has diagrams, dimensions....everything.

The screw holes themselves are 6-32, and the overall dimensions of a hard drive are very close to 1"x4"x6" (the 3.5" refers to the platter size, BTW).

Do you have a hard drive you can take out and measure? The position of screw holes on hard drives hasn't changed in about 20 years.

EDIT: I think I found what you're looking for: Link (pdf) See page 31 (marked as page 23). It has diagrams, dimensions....everything.

PERFECT! Thanks for the help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back