Need help finding a utility

wtburnette

2[H]4U
I need to find a utility that will launch and close a program on different events. The event would be a certain drive appearing and then that drive disappearing from the system.

I work for a small airline implementing EFB's (electronic flight bags). Basically tablet PC's hooked into the power on the plane that will serve several functions. To communicate with the hosted server, they'll be using a USB broadband modem. What happens is, at a certain time during takeoff, the USB drive is disabled. At that time we need the software utility for making the connection (vzam) terminated, based on the USB drive letter disappearing. Once the plane is in the air, the USB port will become live again, which will cause the drive to reappear, at which time the vzam software would need to start on that event. Once the program launches, it is set to automatically connect and we're good from that point as the software on the system will recognize the connection and then do what it needs to do.

So, does anyone know of something that will do what is needed? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info! I'll take a look at that article and see if it'll work for our needs.

Back