Need help finding a rack

tikicult

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, I got permission today to buy a rack and migrate our setup to them. We have two Dell tower servers, a PowerEdge 2600, and a 2800, a 24 port switch, a rack mountable modem, a Cisco PIX firewall, and a patch panel to mount into it. I am looking for suggestions on where to buy things cheap in the DFW area. I found this store that has alot of gear I could use, but I am not sure if there is anywhere else I should be looking at.

<===Big fan of APC racks
Sometimes "cheap" isn't fun, and not worth the savings. APC units are VERY nice, come well equipped.

If only a couple of servers..you might not want a full height one..go with a 1/2 height. Slap the KB/Mouse/Monitor up on top of it.

Hey, I got permission today to buy a rack and migrate our setup to them. We have two Dell tower servers, a PowerEdge 2600, and a 2800, a 24 port switch, a rack mountable modem, a Cisco PIX firewall, and a patch panel to mount into it. I am looking for suggestions on where to buy things cheap in the DFW area. I found this store that has alot of gear I could use, but I am not sure if there is anywhere else I should be looking at.

How many units do you require.

Remember the "racking" essentials: tall ain't small and cheap is cheap.

Wrightline is not cheap, but they make really nice stuff. We opted for the extra wide (30 inch wide) cabinets with cable management (Paramount series).

Click the Paramount flash demo and endure the agonizing start-up, and then click on "Manage" and then "Cable management" you can see on the right you have a ton of space to run cable. Very Very nice. It's showing the smaller plastic rings they also have large metal D rings.

Most everything is large plastic (with metal nuts inserted) wing nuts to adjust toe position of the rails ..

We have 6 APC racks at work. That's all we reccomend to our clients as well.

Those APC racks look like overkill for our setup. When I get to the office tomorrow I will post pics of our closet and see what you guys think of it. Also, I should have a budget from our IT people too. Thanks for the help so far!!

look at Blackbox.com
my school using their products and their racks are awesome and very stable.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back