Need help finding a fan connector

Think

Weaksauce
I've been searching for awhile now, and I'm having trouble finding a connector that will fit this small of a fan header. The connector's 3-pin, but it's tiny! I'm looking for an adapter, or just the connector, or anything that will let me get a normal-sized 3-pin fan to plug into it.

I know I've seen connectors this small on video cards, but those have generally been two-pin. Does anybody have any ideas on where to keep looking?

Quick and dirty, you could just crimp a pin socket on to your fan wires, or find an old but unneeded pin socket and splice the wires inline with the fan wires. You will have to make sure that you plug them into the right place, since the pin sockets won't be polarized. Even easier is to ignore the tach lead, and you would only have to use two connections.

I'd ignore the tach lead, but the computer (a Dell) gives a fan failure warning on startup, and I'm guessing it'll keep giving that warning if I don't use it.

I may go dumpster diving at work tomorrow, see what I can find out of the pile of computer recycling. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

Heh, someone asked about this before, too, but it never dawned on me that the other end of the panaflo tail was exactly what that person was looking for, lol. I have several of those panaflo tails. :p :eek:

Looks like a razor-knife and a modem/nic wake-up cable could fit the bill...let us know how this turns out.

Back