• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help finding a case -- black Desktop ATX 2cd 2floppy

TSx

Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
647
I'm building a computer for my parents for christmas and am trying to make it match with their new tv/entertainment center and everything. I need a Desktop case that's black, 2+ cd drive slots and 2 floppy slots (internal zip/floppy for those wondering).

I've searched newegg and mwave and found only a few that are even similar...I don't want to go with something like a silverstone case though. I've thought about painting a white one however I'm 99% sure I couldn't make it look good enough. No, I don't want to get a tower and flip it on its side, I know they make 'standard' desktops in black, but seeing as they aren't very common anymore, it's quite hard to find.

An example of something like what I'm looking for: http://www.baber.com/cases/mpe_dk2.htm just found this one, it's not available though...but this is basically what I'm looking for; the only thing it doesn't have that I'd like is front usb (not necessary though)

The desk to the right in this picture is where the comp will be going; with a new 17" black lcd monitor, altec lansing speakers, black keyboard, logitech mx500 mouse...the only thing I can't get to match is the case.
http://www.imagelink.org/id3097.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions of where to look or knows of a case that's similar to what I'm looking for, I'd love to hear it.
 
It's a family pc that's gonna be running an abit board with onboard video/sound, one 80mm fan will be more than enough to keep it cool. It's never on for more than a few hours at a time anyhow. The total price on the comp is going to be under $400 so I'd rather not blow over $100 on the case.

I checked every case on newegg, mwave, and about a dozen other sites already and have found two that might be plausible. I really don't like any of the newegg ones, especially the silverstone or cooler master types, they really look tacky.

The two I've found so far that I'm considering are:
http://www.pcsupplysource.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId=793134-ACCWARE-2WGXSE152&ic=CASE-FX-DT01&cc=&tpc=
and
http://www.directron.com/7106.html

The last one from directron is the closest to what I want, but I would love to get one with front usb, though I doubt that'll happen. The other bad thing about that case is that it's $50 without a psu/fan, so I'd have to pick up a ~$27 sparkle from newegg and a ~$5 fan from svc making that an $80 case, heh. I'm hoping to get everything under $400 but I'm having one hell of a time.
 
Back
Top