Need help finding 6800GT compatible waterblock...quick!

Joined
Aug 19, 2002
Messages
722
Hi guys,

I'm getting an eVGA 6800GT and want to watercool it. I'm helping my brother build a whole new system (including an eVGA 6800GT) and we are watercooling the whole system. We are building the system next weekend and so I really need to find a compatible GPU waterblock.
**I have seen the new one from danderden which is awesome...but it will retail for around 125 dollars (way too much for me).

I have looked at the swiftech one which looks cool and their website shows a 6800 adaptor kit. But I cannot seem to find any stores that sell this waterblock that offer the 6800 adaptor kit.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great!!! I need to find one quick so I can get it here before next weekend.

I'd prefer a block with 1/2" barb fittings (as I have my whole system with these)
Hopefully less than 50 dollars or so

Oh and does anyone know where I can find the swiftech DC water pump in stock?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
 
Two words: Danger Den

Buy a TDX, a 6800 block (arrives next week), Black Ice, 12V Pump, etc.
 
[RIP]Zeus said:
he probaly wants a GOOD GPU block not some pos koolence crap

You might want to call BFG and let them know as well, since they are using a slighty modified version on their watercooled BFG 6800U.

We all know the koolance blocks aren't the greatest ever, but he's looking to spend in the $50 range, and you sure aren't going to get the 6800 DD block for that.

Aqua supposedly makes a waterblock that fits the 6800 cards, but I can't find it anywhere. What I've read puts it at around $50 or so.

And if the DD block isn't expensive enough:
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant...Y&Store_Code=HSPC&Category_Code=CoolMaticNV40
 
WOW, that DD Nvidia cooler is AWESOME! I would be willing to give up a few degrees if it cooled the RAM too.. any word as to wheter it will come out for the X800 series?

My koolance wb cools about 3- 7 degrees cooler than the DangerDen i ordered. I also think the new conections on the Koolance are top notch. Given its not as pretty as the DD.. it's cooling better.

Just my findings.. i suspect its possible depending on peoples watercooling setups the results may vary.

I had my x800xt on teh way so i ordered the DD cause it was pretty. Swapped it back out when it ran at 44 degrees instead of the 37degrees the koolance pulled off.
 
JBark said:
Found something a bit better:
Swiftech MCW50 - $39
http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=134

Adaptor for the 6800 series cards - $13
http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=297

Comes out to around $50, and it's better than the koolance block.

Don't order the block from Switftech, though. They don't stock the blocks, just the 'accessories'. I've waited 6 weeks before for a block to ship from Swiftech, the 'spare parts' they usually ship within 24 hours, and you'll have it within 2-3 days. Order the block from somewhere else - CrazyPC, FrozenCPU, etc.
 
Frozen CPU all the way :)

I should have mentioned that my stock temp on my x800xt was 47degrees after far cry..now its the temps i mentioned. :) So teh DD temp is not bad at all if you wan teh pretty block. I am on a STOCK KOOLANCE wc tower though so that may be why i get such good temps with the Koolance WBs. I have heard that mentioned before.
 
Hey thanks guys...looks like I may go with the Swiftech!!

For any that didn't notice in my first post...the Dangerden 6800 waterblock is going to be pretty expensive at $125 retail:(
 
Sorry to revive a dead topic, but has anyone actually sucessfully mounted a koolance waterblock on their 6800 GT? I'm having a hard time using stock screws to mount it..
 
what do you need to make the swiftech mcw50 work with 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) hose?
--edit- nevermind, you need those converter thingies.
 
Back
Top