Need help diagnosing bluescreen/load crash issues

Talon

2[H]4U
Several times a day I am getting a BSOD which forces a restart. Usually the computer will Blue Screen again during the boot process, and sometimes will not even POST until after a cold boot.

This was happening with my old system which I just replaced(motherboard, processor and RAM), and I thought I had properly diagnosed it as a PSU problem, but after replacing the PSU, I am running into the same issue, albeit not as frequently.

In the past month or so I've replace the video card, motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU without eliminating the problem.

System stats are:

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+
BFG 8800 GTS
4 GB Corsair DDR2

Cooler Master ATC-200 case
Corsair HX620W PSU

Check if you have the hsf on correctly. Reseat it and if needed apply more thermal paste on it.

What error code shows up when it BSOD ?
What does Microsoft say about the error code ?
Is it the same error code each time ?

Are you Memtest86+ error free ?
Hard drive error free ?
Can use run a CPU stress test ?
Can you run a vidio card stress test ?
What are your temps and voltages ?

Just a few questions to help solve the puzzle.

Luck .......... :D

Check if you have the hsf on correctly. Reseat it and if needed apply more thermal paste on it.

I used AS3 when I installed the HSF, but I thought thermal paste was supposed to be spread as thin as possible. After a crash the BIOS usually lists the CPU temp around 65C. I thought that's within reasonable range.

What error code shows up when it BSOD ?
What does Microsoft say about the error code ?
Is it the same error code each time ?

Are you Memtest86+ error free ?
Hard drive error free ?
Can use run a CPU stress test ?
Can you run a vidio card stress test ?
What are your temps and voltages ?

Just a few questions to help solve the puzzle.

Luck .......... :D

Different error code each time.

I haven't been able to run memtest yet due to not having a working CD-R drive, but am in the process of setting up a bootable USB drive, so I'll give that a shot.

What are some good applications to stress Video and CPU?

Voltages are all well within spec, I think at most the BIOS reports them within ~1-2% of the nominal rate. Post-crash the CPU is being reported around 65C.

try test for every single thing from cpu, ram, psu, graphics, and motherboard diagnostics and hdd. thats if you ever get to that point try taking things apart and testing them one by one and narrowing it down.

Back