• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help deciding...

Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
536
I just bought a creative surround station to bring my surround speakers from 12' from my ears to about 2'.
IMG_1419e-2.jpg

After hearing them clearly for the first time in about 2 years, it's obvious they are on the fritz, besides it's time for an update. I have a Yamaha RX-V463 5.1 receiver and a pretty good 12" Sony subwoofer, an X-Fi Platinum fatal1ty (which incidentally just TODAY got windows 7 drivers!). So I am stuck between a Klipsch 5.1 Promedia system or the Z-5500.
My main questions, are about which direction I should be heading:

1. Should I just bypass the Yamaha receiver even though it decodes DTS DDL and has Cinema DSP in favor of the integrated system with the Z-5500/Klipsch?

2. Would it be advisable just to purchase a 5.1 speaker system (or even just the 5 speakers since the sub is great) and hook them up to the receiver? If so what brand you suggest looking at?

I have about 250-350 to spend and my main uses are music and games, occasionally movies. Thanks for any help
 
Back
Top