Need help configuring 2Wire 2700GHV-B Gateway for DC++

loafer87gt

Limp Gawd
I just upgraded my internet connection to a higher bandwidth pacakge and as part the upgrade I had to retire my old D-Link router in favor of a 2Wire2700HGV-B unit. The problem is, I cannot get DC++ to work properly the gateways built in firewall. Under the firewall settings I have added a custom application definition for the machine I am using the program on with the ports I wanted forward (TCP prot 411 and UDP port 411) specified, but when I launch the program I am not able to download or search for files. Other users, however, seem to have no problem downloading from my machine. While trying to troubleshoot the problem, I found a guide at portforward.com and it looks like I have everything setup properly, but I still don't seem to having any luck. I even tried setting the "allow all application" DMZ Plus option to no avail.

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2700hg/DC++.htm

I thought it also might be something to do with the built in WinXP firewall, but I tried both disabling it, and setting an exception for the program with no luck with either.

Anyone have any other ideas where to look to get things working?

Back