Need help choosing a replacement phone.

Skelaton4

Limp Gawd
Hello Everyone. I am in need of help. :(

I recently broke my Verizon Samsung S4.I am in need of a replacement quickly as my old phone does not have a matching SIM card. I have about 400$ ish (could go a but more) in Amazon gift cards that I am willing to spend on a new phone but I am confused as to which phones I could get that will have 4G LTE and will be compatible with Verizon and match the Sim card from my S4.

I was looking at the Nexus 5 or 4 or possibly an older Nexus.. However I am open to trying something different as the S4 was nice but I wasn't obsessed with it.

Can someone point me in the right direction which type of phone I should be looking at (Unlocked,etc etc)?

Two issues here:
The Nexus 5 doesn't work on Verizon (insert standard anti-verizon comments here, bloody scumbags)
Last I knew verizon didn't have VoLTE (Voice over LTE) working yet so you can't just move the sim and have it work given everything other than data (calls, sms, mms) still runs over CDMA.

Dang.. So which type of phone should I be looking to get than?. I just need 4g and for it work with verizon which obviously isn't as easy as I thought it would be!.

Try an HTC One then? Kit kat is coming to it soon. Other than that or getting another S4 I don't think there's much around that price range for Verizon. Maybe some Motorola phones, but they always broke for me.

I mis-placed my S3 and bought an unlocked Moto X (Developer edition) for about $400. Of course, then I find my S3 in the pocket of a jacket I don't wear too often ... but anyway, the Moto X is a great phone. Not top of the line in terms of specs but great battery life and works great.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Moto G on the cheap and Moto X if you wanna spend more but still within your budget for a good quick verizon phone.

I had the DNA for a year, totally forgot about it. It's a great phone. Wireless charging, and the screen is very nice looking. No expandable memory, or changeable battery though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7CRR4W...UTF8&colid=2TBL1OZDQBZ75&coliid=II4NK0GKCYK98

Would this phone work for me? I am thinking of just getting it used for 150$

That would technically work, but you'd pull your hair out going from an S4 to the Gnex, trust me, I had a Gnex for a year. It's a great phone... as long as you keep it plugged in constantly and stay within a mile or so from a cell tower (even then it would lose data connection a lot).

Seems like the cheapest phone on Amazon for Verizon is the HTC One, which is still $540. Everything else (worth buying) is $650+ even though they're $400-$450 on Verizon's own site (off-contract). There's some Droid Minis in FS/FT for $270/piece. Pretty good deal, IMO. Same thing as the Moto X, just smaller and with an LCD display instead of SAMOLED. Not sure how battery life compares to its larger clones (Droid Ultra, Moto X).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back