• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help choosing a power supply

ebs5049

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
429
Title says it all. After a long hiatus, finally rebuilding my computer.

I'm going to have a Gigabyte Z77X UD3H board with an i5 3570k, 16gb of DDR3 1600 ram, and a GTX 670. Also, I will have a SSD and 3 standard drives.

I used a power supply calculator for my requirements and it showed ~380 watts. Seems pretty low.

I know I want a modular supply, and was leaning towards the Corsair HX750, unless somebody knows a better value. I currently have an Antec Earthwatts 650W right now. Would that suffice? It isn't modular but I could always get that component last if it is good enough.

I don't plan on OCing. SLI is a possibility.

Thanks
 
Title says it all. After a long hiatus, finally rebuilding my computer.

I'm going to have a Gigabyte Z77X UD3H board with an i5 3570k, 16gb of DDR3 1600 ram, and a GTX 670. Also, I will have a SSD and 3 standard drives.

I used a power supply calculator for my requirements and it showed ~380 watts. Seems pretty low.

I know I want a modular supply, and was leaning towards the Corsair HX750, unless somebody knows a better value. I currently have an Antec Earthwatts 650W right now. Would that suffice? It isn't modular but I could always get that component last if it is good enough.

I don't plan on OCing. SLI is a possibility.

Thanks

The EA 650 would also be (comfortably) enough for SLI 670s, you'll need PCIe adapters though (the EA 650 is a value/lower mainstream product with rather limiting connectivity for its output).
 
HX750.

Thats what I would pick. You'll give yourself more head room for anything else you wish to add later on and you can also overclock if you wish to and not worry about anything. You'll be basically buying a unit that you can use later in other units, and not have to worry either.
 
Back
Top