Need Help Choosing A PC Game

here is my setup:
VISTA 32 with Sp1

GPU: 9800GX2

CPU:intel Q6600

Hard Drive: 500

RAM: OCZ 4GB 800

would i benefit to move to vista 64 fro my vista 32 with sp1?

Well you would be able to utilize all of that 4GB of RAM. Which might be a benefit.

Well you would be able to utilize all of that 4GB of RAM. Which might be a benefit.

but most pc games only require 1-2gb of ram right? so the vista 32 with sp1 can give the game 3.5 if it needed it?

but most pc games only require 1-2gb of ram right? so the vista 32 with sp1 can give the game 3.5 if it needed it?

Most PC games don't take advantage of more than two. However I noticed that the utilization of 4GB smoothed out my gameplay in games with a large outdoor environments (eg Crysis). Plus I heard that Assassin's Creed recommends at least 3GB?

i just did a system requirements scan for assassins creed and here are my results if i can run the game. this is for recommended results. System RAM
Recommended: 1 GB Windows Xp / 2 GB Windows Vista
You Have: 2.7 GB

thanks for your input guys. what would you guys recommend for the best single player game with nice graphics and good gameplay to push my 9800gx2? (single player only)

anybody played assasins creed? how is it? are the graphics and gameplay better than bioshock, cod4, gears of war, ?

Post #34 offered up an opinion on assasins creed, use google for more opinions

the scan only detected 2.7 gigs because a 32-bit OS only supports 3GB of RAM, if i recall correctly

you should read other posts in your thread other than your own, they're actually quite useful

also, you can get a pre-built pc that is custom made...so did you?

the scan only detected 2.7 gigs because a 32-bit OS only supports 3GB of RAM, if i recall correctly

you should read other posts in your thread other than your own, they're actually quite useful

Strewth, the number of times this has to be corrected is silly.
32bit OS's support 4GB ram and use all of it but it is the maximum they can support without paging ram in/out which is slow.
The graphics card and other hardware require memory space so this is mapped over the top of the memory leaving anywhere from around 3.8GB to 2.7GB for applications.
The OS still has access to 4GB ram but you dont.

vista 32 supports 3.5GB's of ram. i don't buy pre-built pc's that are custom made, i choose and buy my own parts for the best performance. you should learn how to read.

well since all your repeated questions are pretty basic, maybe you should use the search function and read some more

Nenu: Thanks for the clarification, I was kind of iffy on that :)

well since all your repeated questions are pretty basic, maybe you should use the search function and read some more

Nenu: Thanks for the clarification, I was kind of iffy on that :)

I'm asking opinions of others on my direct question. Thats why i made this thread. There is no need for time consuming searches on this thread that doesn't give me the direct answers i want.

Back