Need help building a pro workstation for an architect

We don't really advertise it, but if you're going to sell to businesses that can't afford to be down for two days, you have to support them in a way that caters to that need. In some rare cases, we can work out arrangements for same day parts replacements, though it's far easier to work within a 24-hour time frame. For businesses within a 50 mile radius of our Seattle area office...well, one of us will respond personally, part in hand, in most cases.

Good to know.

We don't really advertise it, but if you're going to sell to businesses that can't afford to be down for two days, you have to support them in a way that caters to that need. In some rare cases, we can work out arrangements for same day parts replacements, though it's far easier to work within a 24-hour time frame. For businesses within a 50 mile radius of our Seattle area office...well, one of us will respond personally, part in hand, in most cases.

I think that goes to say for any boutique integrator. We all literally bend over backwards to make sure we have a happy satisfied customer. I can't speak for everyone here but in our case, we have so many business accounts, we have decided to open a business line of workstations, which will be out soon, so everyone doesn't see us just as a "Gaming Company." All boutiques, especially the successful ones, are very versatile and incredible at what they do. The one positive note you can almost guarantee from a boutique is we never half ass anything, because it is not just a job to us, it is a way of life. Wouldn't you agree Heather?

All boutiques, especially the successful ones, are very versatile and incredible at what they do. The one positive note you can almost guarantee from a boutique is we never half ass anything, because it is not just a job to us, it is a way of life. Wouldn't you agree Heather?

Absolutely, Peter. The really cool thing about working in this part of the industry is that we have a chance to get to know all of our customers, whether they are business clients or enthusiast customers, and because of that, we can work with them and anticipate their needs.

You just can't get that from big box retailers, and you WILL get that from all of us in the boutique industry.

I think that goes to say for any boutique integrator. We all literally bend over backwards to make sure we have a happy satisfied customer. I can't speak for everyone here but in our case, we have so many business accounts, we have decided to open a business line of workstations, which will be out soon, so everyone doesn't see us just as a "Gaming Company." All boutiques, especially the successful ones, are very versatile and incredible at what they do. The one positive note you can almost guarantee from a boutique is we never half ass anything, because it is not just a job to us, it is a way of life. Wouldn't you agree Heather?

That's good to hear. I'm glad that both companies represented here in this thread take this attitude toward business customers. Doing so makes your systems a viable choice vs. going with Dell or HP.

Don't know about thoose programs but I do know there are openGL based professional software that doesn't work well at all with consumer type cards. Not because of speed really but the programing API.

Don't know about thoose programs but I do know there are openGL based professional software that doesn't work well at all with consumer type cards. Not because of speed really but the programing API.

I'm going to find out tonight how well the 8800GTS does tonight when he brings his software over. I got the PC built over the weekend and it feels really fast. I was messing around with the Crysis demo on Very High and it seemed very playable at 1280x1024. I know that's not the purpose of the PC but it can push it pretty hard and it's more fun then watching paint dry running Prime95.

The consumer cards work fine. However as I understand it, there are a few features enabled on the Quadro/FireGL cards that aren't enabled on the consumer models. Additionally the Quadro/FireGL cards have drivers that optimize them for better image quality. Also the top models tend to have more video memory.

I'm going to find out tonight how well the 8800GTS does tonight when he brings his software over. I got the PC built over the weekend and it feels really fast. I was messing around with the Crysis demo on Very High and it seemed very playable at 1280x1024. I know that's not the purpose of the PC but it can push it pretty hard and it's more fun then watching paint dry running Prime95.

It will work just fine.

Back