Need Help BSOD ll all the time

scselt

n00b
My system has been locking up time to time. Now it wont even boot. I get the bsod everything.

So I tryed to reformat and reinstall win 7 pro 64. Still locks up and and gets a bsod as soon as it gets into setup. So I tryed different ram still no go. I tryed different harddrives no good. I swaped video cards. I reset bios. I tryed all bios settings. I even put a pair of drives in at raid 0. So I threw in a xp home cd and still goes to bsod. I beleive I have a bad processor.

Anyone seen this?

hardware error 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000,0xfffffa8002856028,0x00000000b2000040,0x0000000000000800)

Dell 755
upgraded Q8300 Quad
4 gig pc2 6400
420 PSU

Assuming you have this computer, the Q8300 is not on the supported CPUs list... so that may be the problem.

Not listed in the PDF but it is supposed to be able to use this model. Worked fine when installed last year.

So this isn't a recently upgraded processor? Have you tried a different processor?

If you've tried all the other components, I'd see if you can RMA the processor. Did you buy it boxed or OEM? If it's boxed there's a three year limited warranty.

Yes this was a boxed processor. Box date is 4/15/10 so fairly new. Just not sure if its MB or processor.

0x124 is a CPU error.
RMA it, not the motherboard. Not 100% sure the board isn't bad, though; But at least see if you can try the CPU in a different system somehow or even grab a loner cpu. Pays to double check.

People get that error on i7's when overclocking too far.

If the motherboard itself were bad, only way I could see that happening is if the cpu weren't getting proper voltage...and that would point to a PSU problem, cpu power connector problem, or dead power mosfets on the board.

0x124 is a CPU error.
RMA it, not the motherboard. Not 100% sure the board isn't bad, though; But at least see if you can try the CPU in a different system somehow or even grab a loner cpu. Pays to double check.

People get that error on i7's when overclocking too far.

If the motherboard itself were bad, only way I could see that happening is if the cpu weren't getting proper voltage...and that would point to a PSU problem, cpu power connector problem, or dead power mosfets on the board.

Thank you thats good info. I will call tomorrow.

Back